PDA

View Full Version : Nozzle placement question

Rootzz06
15-10-2005, 03:25 PM
The instructions that came with my WI kit said to install the nozzle as close as possible to the throttle body but I have seen a few pics of peoples' setups that are not that way...does anyone have any suggestions?

Richard L
15-10-2005, 08:11 PM
The instructions that came with my WI kit said to install the nozzle as close as possible to the throttle body but I have seen a few pics of peoples' setups that are not that way...does anyone have any suggestions?

Who makes the WI kit?

Rootzz06
16-10-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm using the snow kit-I would have bought the Aquamist had I known more about this at the time.What I'm looking to do now is improve the kit and knowlege to tune it correctly.

Richard L
16-10-2005, 07:27 PM
I was a bit concerned if our instruction stated that you should put your water jet by the TB, that was the reason I asked.

There occasion that water can be placed by the throttle if inlet tract cooling is not as important. There is still some distance betwen the TB and the inlet valves, some evaporation will still take place.

For knock control. TB injection is effective.

What is your aim to achieve with water injetcion?

Rootzz06
18-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Thanks Richard,my aim is to cool mainly,for long periods of time under boost. I like the option to use alchohol if I go to a smaller pulley or want to advance timing.I have a roots type blower and the injector nozzle is about 3 inches from the throttle body wich is connected to the s/c inlet.The mist will pass through the s/c and through the intercooler then through the plenum to intake runners that are about 5 inches long.I figure the water will evaporate in the hot s/c and intercooler and cool them off.I'm trying to learn how to optimize the WI setup from the placement of the nozzle to any add ons that will make an improvement.

DuMaurier 7
28-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Richard , below is a pic of my motor , if you look at the intake pipe (long ,twisty one ) , in the area in front of the MSD's , you'll see a black hose , this is the WI hose coming from the HSV feeding the nozzle thats located right there on the other side of the pipe , I am thinking of putting in another one (nozzle ) , where do you think is the best place. I am interested in cooling my intake charge and eliminating kock , since I want to run up to 30 psi on 95 RON pump gas :cool: , also remember , its a ROTARY so there are no VALVES !! :D

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7457/marcelsrx7twinturbogt30710094e.th.jpg (http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marcelsrx7twinturbogt307100 94e.jpg)

350Z TT
30-12-2005, 05:44 PM
I purchase a dual stage WI kit for my TT w/I.C.

I was thinking of using the first stage nozzle before the I.C. so I can cool the air. I would activate the first stage under low boost (~1psi)

The second stage I was going to put right before my TB, so I can prevent knock under high boost. I was going to activate the second at around 8.5psi since the TT is on my NA engine.

What do you think? Any suggestions?