PDA

View Full Version : LED wiring for WI activation

Ultimate
11-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Hi

I have lost my wiring diagram and need to install a LED to show me the WI is activated. I know the LED goes accross the pressure switch. But what is the naode and the cathode?!!! Which one goes to the long leg and which to the shrot leg of the LED?!!!

Cheers

Richard L
11-02-2006, 12:43 AM
Hi

I have lost my wiring diagram and need to install a LED to show me the WI is activated. I know the LED goes accross the pressure switch. But what is the naode and the cathode?!!! Which one goes to the long leg and which to the shrot leg of the LED?!!!

Cheers

The long leg to the grey wire and the short leg to the black off the pressure switch. This connection is only good for the system1s. Is that what you have?

For 2d, long leg to the blue and short leg to the black wire of the manifold pressure switch.

Ultimate
11-02-2006, 03:20 PM
HI

Thanks for the reply.

1s is infactwhat I have.

Cheers

Jezz
21-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Richard, is there a way of connecting up an LED to show when the WI is active when using the 2c with MF2?
I'm using a MAP sensor rather than a pressure switch.

Richard L
21-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Richard, is there a way of connecting up an LED to show when the WI is active when using the 2c with MF2?

You can connect a 12V led across the two wires to the HSV. (red is +ve)

NAnderson
21-01-2007, 05:47 PM

Connecting an LED across the two leads on the HSV won't degrade or interfere with the signal to the HSV, will it?

I know LEDs draw VERY little power, and shouldn't hinder the HSV signal much at all, but I just wanted to check with the boss before I changed the LED wiring on my setup.

Also, having the LED pulse with the HSV will make for a cool little disco show in the car! :lol:

Richard L
21-01-2007, 05:55 PM

Connecting an LED across the two leads on the HSV won't degrade or interfere with the signal to the HSV, will it?

I know LEDs draw VERY little power, and shouldn't hinder the HSV signal much at all, but I just wanted to check with the boss before I changed the LED wiring on my setup.

Also, having the LED pulse with the HSV will make for a cool little disco show in the car! :lol:

It won't degrade the signal for sure.

Jezz
21-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Excellent, thanks Richard. :)

While you're around, you couldn't pass comment on my thread in 'avoiding distaster' could you?
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=9199#9199