PDA

View Full Version : Aquamist 2D. Is it ok to put the jet on the top of intake?

mx5
22-02-2004, 05:39 PM
I am installing Aquamist 2D in my car.

Is it ok to put the jet vertical on the top of horisontal intake tube without a checkvalve right behind it? Is it going to drip some water in the intake when not under boost?

Or should I put the jet to the side or on the bottom side of the intake tube. The intake tube the jet goes on is between the air filter and the throttle body - so there is no intake manifold vacuum/boost in it.

mx5
23-02-2004, 11:23 PM
bump

robbilau
24-02-2004, 12:31 AM
You only need the check valve if the car is supercharged and the throttle has been relocated so the intake piping is under vaccuum. The Jackson chargers are like this. With a turbo or the VF centrifugal SC's the throttle is not relocated and so you don't have the vacuum trying to suck fluid from the jet.

That said I believe the new reccomendation from ERL is to use a check valve and an accumulator regardless. I have a turbo with no check valve or accumulator and no problems, but and will be adding those to my setup just in case.

As far as jet placement the usual position is at about the 45 degrees above horizontal as you look at the cross section of the tube.

Richard L
24-02-2004, 02:04 AM
One other thing. The 2d uses a HSV and when it is shut, no water can get drawn into the intake except some water down stream of the HSV valve (between the HSV abd the jet).

If you keep that part of the hose short, there really isn't that much water to be concerned with. A checkvalve will make it "almost" drip free.

mx5
24-02-2004, 02:37 AM
One other thing. The 2d uses a HSV and when it is shut, no water can get drawn into the intake except some water down stream of the HSV valve (between the HSV abd the jet).

If you keep that part of the hose short, there really isn't that much water to be concerned with. A checkvalve will make it "almost" drip free.

That is what I am curious about - will it start dripping after every boost session because of the water in the tube behind the valve. I am planning that hose to be about a feet to the HSV.

So? Do the jets drip?

Richard L
24-02-2004, 11:01 PM
mx5,

Whatever water is left after the injection will be drawned out by any partial vacuum caused by fast mioving air travelling pass the top of the jet, similar to a spraying perfume.

The only way to stop the jet dripping is to have "zero cavity" at the point of delivery.

If the hose is 250mm long, the amount of water drip will be:

Lx (0.5x ID)^2 x PI = 1.227 ml (hose ID=2.5mm)

cmetzner
12-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Robbie - how are you? Chuck Metzner here.

I posted a similar question in another thread. I am beginning to think that my HSV is leaking.

Is this one way to check: remove the line after the HSV and idle the car. There should be no water coming out of the HSV?

What size jet/jets are you using with what size fuel injectors?

-- Chuck

Richard L
13-06-2004, 10:11 AM
have made a reply regarding HSV leaking:

http://waterinjection.info/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=134