PDA

View Full Version : Water injection worth it?

mr2turbored
12-03-2006, 10:25 PM
I'm about to install a 2D system to my mr2 turbo. I've got it to help with det control and help lower the intake temps as much as possible. Still deciding were to place the jets as i'm still learning about the effects.

But for now i'm about to install the Kit with the car running 0.9 bar on a GT28rs turbocharger. I know this is a future mod but will installing this modification now create a noticable power gain?

I know this is a silly question as its a future mod and won't really be needed until after my engine building and alot more boost. Just getting curious to what it'll be like when i fit it now.

And i know, someones going to just say, stop asking questions, fit it and find out. lol

Thanks

Arthur
18-03-2006, 04:14 PM
If you are just using water injection for cooling then you will not see much if any power gain, from my experience I did notice a difference in the summer where there was no drop off in performance due to high inlet temps.

To get the most out of it I suggest you get the water injection mapped via a Unichip or similar this way you will really feel the difference.

P.S. Why are you running a GT28RS at only 0.9 bar, I didnt think they were in their efficiency island until 1.4?