waterinjection.info

waterinjection.info (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Aquamist HFS-4 forum (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Want to install custom meth plate (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3082)

Richard L 23-07-2017 09:40 PM

Re: Want to install custom meth plate

Did you not contact the person that sold you the system?
You controller is fine for the CGX_ engines.

The metal bracket is just a simple metal plate with a slot and two holes. You can purchase something around $5 on our online shop, It way it will cover our shipping cost to you. Make sure you leave a comment at checkout to remind me.

www,aquamist-direct.com

Jroyalty7 24-07-2017 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 23859)
Did you not contact the person that sold you the system?
You controller is fine for the CGX_ engines.

The metal bracket is just a simple metal plate with a slot and two holes. You can purchase something around $5 on our online shop, It way it will cover our shipping cost to you. Make sure you leave a comment at checkout to remind me.

www,aquamist-direct.com

Yeah I was in touch with him and he's going to try and find it or grab me one from howerton engineering, just wanted your thoughts since howerton says on their website they will not provide support to second hand purchasers so I didn't even try. As far as everything else I'm trying to find my way through everything since I have never ran or installed a meth system yet, but from my research yours is the best so here I am lol If I need to order from yoou I will most definitely add a note at check out. Thank you again for your time, Im sure I'll be back, I suck with wiring schematics lol

Jroyalty7 24-07-2017 02:41 AM

Ok I'm back lol, What do you recommend for tapping the ecu wiring? Are positaps sufficient or should I look for something like ecu piggyback pins?

Richard L 24-07-2017 07:25 AM

positap is good, soldering is better.

Jroyalty7 24-07-2017 07:57 PM

Solder it is then! Question about jets and restrictors.
I plan on running x6 0.4mm 110cc jets through the direct port meth injection plates being fabricated. I may at some point, probably fairly soon after initial setup I will run another injector pre or just post tb. Do I need to run a restrictor in either of these scenarios? Currently I have 0.7 restrictor installed in the FAV. Thanks again for all of your help!

Jroyalty7 25-07-2017 02:32 AM

Also Jeff at Howerton says the adapters to convert the jets and valves to AN fittings were discontinued, so there's no way to run stainless braided lines anymore? He suggested 4mm Teflon lines for the engine Bay. Would this be the best for the high temp the lines will be exposed to under the supercharger? Should I just use the included pfte line from the trunk to engine bay or is there a better substitute?

Richard L 25-07-2017 07:57 AM

There is nothing wrong with nylon or PTFE line. They have been used in rally car for years.
We have never supply PTFE line with the kit between the trunk and the engine bay. We supply 6mm OD nylon lines.

The reason people use them is mostly for cosmetic reasons. Inside the steel braiding, they are just PTFE lines.

Richard L 25-07-2017 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jroyalty7 (Post 23863)
Solder it is then! Question about jets and restrictors.
I plan on running x6 0.4mm 110cc jets through the direct port meth injection plates being fabricated. I may at some point, probably fairly soon after initial setup I will run another injector pre or just post tb. Do I need to run a restrictor in either of these scenarios? Currently I have 0.7 restrictor installed in the FAV. Thanks again for all of your help!

Leave the restrictor. The system is perfectly capable to deliver a linearly flow without them.

Jroyalty7 25-07-2017 03:24 PM

Understood and thank you for both responses, placed an order for the DP manifold kit and left a note regarding the bracket I needed for the FAV, as we discussed previously. Thabk you again for taking time to answer each and every post/concern it's very much appreciated!

Jroyalty7 27-07-2017 03:30 AM

Hey Richard,
Another question. I Noticed my Fused Power Relay currently has a 15a fuse installed, should this be a 30a fuse instead?