waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 07-01-2008, 06:08 PM

I did not have time to work on the car this weekend, too many paying customers

I'll post up some plots in a few days.

As far as the logging goes, I have several options from using the native mut protocol (this gives everything but AFR, boost, and flow), Innovate aux box (this gives afr, boost, tps, and could give flow if I run the wire to an input on the auxbox, plus the mut stuff), Haltech (this in theory will give actual ignition advance post correction from the haltech, boost, flow, tps)

So, I have lots of options but none give me everything I need in one logger / piece of hardware. For the most part I have everything I need except the actual timing the ecu is running.

I'm fairly sure I just need to pull out some timing down low. I'm 100% sure that I could tune the crap out of this setup if I were just doing a reflash tune and did not have the haltech involved, but at this time, the haltech and the dds-3 are integrated to provide a failsafe that not only drops boost, but also drops timing and richens the mixture up.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmac
Have a look on http://www.handheldhalo-datalogging.co.uk/ if you haven`t already got a datalogger, with this you can see the timing demanded by the cars ECU, if you factor in your correction from the Haltech you`ll end up with actual ignition timing which is always worth knowing.
This is what I have been doing, however there is a lot of speculation that 1 degree of timing in the haltech interceptor is not 1 degree of timing, but rather some small unit of timing :lol: I'm so used to reflash tuning that working with an interceptor (even a very good one) makes me a little nervous.
Old 14-01-2008, 06:23 PM

Just a quick update on events since the last tune. Spoke with haltech and although the interceptor wiring diagram for th evo listed the pinout for logging the actual timing advance, the interceptor does not support logging the advance on the evo.... :sad:

Also, I threw the car up on the lift, don't recall why, but I noticed my exhaust has been hitting several points on the chassis, the down pipe is hitting the cross brace under the engine / transfer case. This alone has been known to cause false knock on the evo. This did not start happening until recently. I suspect the stock motor mounts are flexing too much at the power level I'm putting out now allowing the down pipe to hit the cross brace when I go WOT.

I have a full set of mount bushings on order. I really think this is the reason I'm getting knock at the beginning of most pulls on the dyno. Should have an update in a couple weeks.

On a side note, I tuned a 2.3 stroker evo with and hta gt 35r this weekend. It put down 420 whp on 93 pump at 21 psi, and 520 whp on 93 + 1000cc/min VP M1 at 30 psi :lol:
Old 23-01-2008, 02:04 PM

Latest update: Installing AEM EMS

I'm going out to AEM for EMS training in a few months. As a result, I'm installing an AEM EMS (Stand alone) on my evo in the next couple of weeks. Unfortunatly the AEM does not support true dual maps, but rather it has the base map and a "nitrous" map that acts as an overlay on top of the base map.

I'll be using what looks to be the only free switch input on the 30-1313 plug and play unit and the DDS3 to trigger the switch to the "nitrous" map when the HFS5 is active. So the base map will be pump gas only and the nitrous map will be tuned for 100% meth.

I'll post up some graphs of the pump gas tune and meth tune once I get the bugs worked out
:lol: