waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 01-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-4 Q&A, application for your engine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks95 View Post
Good deal, I'll wait.

Thanks for all the advic

As promised, here is a preview of the jet with internal 15 psi checkvalve. It will be available from Aquamist only within 2-3 weeks, but only with limited supply until full production.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:09 PM

Hi Richard, Keen on a HFS-4 and RX Summer shipped to Perth, Western Australia, Any chance you could flick me an e-mail/pm with the total cost and payment details?

Cheers
Aaron
Old 10-08-2012, 06:52 PM

Hey Richard i have a few question for ya. First do you have the wiring diagram for the mazdaspeed 3 if so can you shoot me a link or email for the setup. I will be getting this kit in a few days. Can i have the preamp soldered to the 2.5 and the bar map set for the 2.5 or 3 whichever is best ill be hitting about 19psi boost. Also are the kits coming with those new nozzles with the check valve in them?
Old 11-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

1) Link to the Mazdaspeed 3.
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...ead.php?t=2197

2) The pre-amp is for IDC not map sensor. Map sensor range is fixed for 2.5 or 3.5 MAP sensor.

3) The kit comes with standard nozzles (no checkvalve). There is no advantage to use checkvalve unless the application demands it.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:02 AM

Ok thanks for the info. I think i maybe confused or I didnt explain myself very well. I know the pre-amp gain is for the IDC. What im asking is in the diagram manual it shows the kit is preset to x1.0 i was wondering if i could have it changed to the x2.5 for the mazdaspeed 3 DI engine. Im not sure if thats the best one i think it is please help me with that lol. Also the manual only shows the kit preset to the absolute setting for the map sensor. For better reading i was wanting something to read around 20psi. I didnt see 2.5 bar i only saw 2.0 and 3.0 I wanted these changes to be done before i receive the kit as i don't trust myself to solder it correctly. Also for power im around 294hp my goal is around 320hp. How many nozzles would you recommend i run or would 1 be enough? I would like to order this kit today or tomorrow. I will be posting lots of pics on the install by the way is there a section for that? Dustin in the mazda community talks highly of you so i know you must be an awesome guy keep up the good work thanks again!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

There are three map pre-configure solder link for "absolute", "2.5bar" and "3.5 bar" map sensor. Due to the tiny circuit board space, we just have rooms top put in A, 2, and 3. That said, we can configure it to any map sensor range if you purchase the kit from the factory directly. This service helps those who are not confident in making the board modifications themselves.

For each HP, you should be injecting 1 to 1.5x times M50/W50 mix. In your case, 320 hp. you are looking to install two jets totaling 640cc/min + 20% to compensate system loss and against manifold pressure, future expansions and manifold back pressure.

The target flow will be ~750cc/min... a 0.8 + 0.9mm will get you there.

Dustin's work on the Madzaspeed front has been great help to me, both in understanding the unusual injection sequence and phasing of the fuel injectors. Thank him for me when you next visit the forum, he is a very clever guy. I cannot post on the MZS forum due to my ex-vendor status.
Old 13-08-2012, 04:51 AM

Oh ok now i understand thanks! I dont fully understand how the hfs-4 system works so this maybe a stupid question but if im running two nozzles do i need to worry about quench? Also how does the hfs-4 handle dual nozzles? I wont be tuning for this setup for about a month after i get it all installed. Yea i will let Dustin know. thanks for all the help.
Old 13-08-2012, 07:44 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quenching is a function of the ignition power against cylinder pressure and a/f mixture.

It is generally accepted that running 10-15 of water will not tax the ignition system but provides a great deal of in-cylinder cooling to combat detonation.

The HFS4 can support up to 3x 1mm nozzles.
Old 28-08-2012, 10:59 PM

After being involved with the initial Group Buys on both the HFS-5 and HFS-6, I almost wish I needed this! Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it's overkill for a naturally aspirated V8.
Old 28-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Greetings, long time no see.

Perhaps wait for the HFS-9 GB? By that time you might have a turbo'd or S/C'd engine...