waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 18-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-4 Q&A, application for your engine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
1. #52 injectors
2. Not purchased yet, will be a wet setup though.. 50-100 shot
You will be injecting approximately 3000cc/min of fuel. Assuming you are running M50/W50:

1) Without nitrous:
3000cc/min x 20% = 600cc/min.

2. With nitrous:
3000cc/min at 30% = 900cc/min.

I suggest running 2x 1mm nozzles. Use one of fuel rail pressure compensation input to tell the HFS-4 to rasie the injection rate from 600-900cc/min, approximately 50% extra.
Old 18-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick6732 View Post
I am going to be setting this up on a 1.9 litre M44 BMW engine with stock internals and compression with a Downing Atlanta Supercharger running approx 10-11Psi Max boost. It will have a custom ECM tune configured to run 93 (USA) octane petrol through a set of 42Lb/hour injectors and flowing through a 3" MAF. The tune will not depend on the water/meth for safety so I can run without the Aquamist running without danger, but I want to add the water/meth to lower operating temps in the supercharger and to add the extra safety factor of increased effective octane of the water/meth. I know there will be a performance increase running the Aquamist as the cooling effect and increased volumetric efficency.

I am curios as to where best place the injectors, I am leaning towards pre-supercharger but wonder if pre throttle body or past is best and if maybe the injector should be placed very close to the supercharger as I can get a nozzle to spray directly at the end of the rotors in this setup. Any suggestions?
I am also curious as to the proper size for the nozzles? The basic system should put out around 210HP at the rear wheel and about 250-270 at the crank and I want to have a system that adds that safety margin and power and also shooting for any possible improvement in fuel economy as well in conjunction with dropping from a 3.46 to a 3.25 rear gear.

Who do I talk to about tanks? I am wanting to get two 4qt tanks with one setup as a surge tank with baffle and the other as the primary, just like Howerton uses in the twin tank system, just without the enclosure as I will be custom building an enclosure and a pump mount to suit my boot.
Thanks,
Dave Ellsworth

Now to go and put my name down for the group buy.
Dave,
I suggest running a 1mm nozzle before the SC, allowing some cooling on the S/C running gear, it will help to increase the reduce the hot S/C heating up the incoming air. The consumption may be higher but it is only water.

Tank wise, Jeff is more equipped with this department. All USA GB will be shipped from N.cal, so please contact Jeff for a indepth discussion.
Old 19-02-2012, 05:34 PM

Why does this kit not come with an accumulator? not needed?
Old 19-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Since we changed the shurflo pump to a aquatec pump and insisted the pump be mounted in the trunk, it appears the system has enough accumulated pressurise fluid along the 20 feet of 6mm nylon line as well as to nulling out the pressure spikes. The accumulator is still availabe as a separate part.
Old 21-02-2012, 09:38 AM

Im extremely interested in the group buy but have a few quick questions. My car is a 91 Honda Accord F22A6 SOHC. Honda P28 OBD1 ECU with Hondata S300. Currently have a stock block/head with ARP headstuds running 10psi on t3/t4 turbo (~250whp). Im also rebuilding my other motor which was fully built and ran 20psi on 94 octane. My goal is to push the stock motor as far as i can with water/meth, hoping i can get 16-17psi out of it for a bit anyways. Once im done rebuilding my motor, id like to get 23-24 psi (~430whp) on 94 octane + meth.

Now do i need the HFS-4 system? It seems more geared towards newer cars, i can pickup a used aquamist for around $500, which isnt that far off from the GB price really, and id be getting all new parts.

Also i dont see many honda tuners using water/meth but my local tuner recommends it, will this system work for my car no problems? And can you make a wiring diagram for my car once i put down a deposit.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by aleks77; 21-02-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 21-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The honda cars do not come complete wityh turbo or supercharger from factory. N.A engine rarely needs water injection unless it has a very high static compression ratio.

It is not easy for me to make a diagram until I have a ecu pin out diagram. You can use the generic wiring diagram of the HFS-4. It will take you 5 miniutes to locate the fuel inject wires. It will take me hours to draw a diagram for you particular set up.

You are propbably the first person I heard with a turbo Honda - but I rarely visit the honda "force induced" forums.

The HFS-4 has the advantage of balancing flow based on the idc/boost ratio, compared to the HFS-3.
Old 22-02-2012, 01:12 AM

Richard,

Since I plan on using the hfs-4 mainly as supplementing the maxed out rs4 injectors in my a4 fsi, what is the max size nozzle I can run to get the most out of the system. I read the pump is capable of flowing 1600cc, so would 4 nozzles running 400cc each be the best? Or should I add a 5th nozzle after the intercooler for cooling purposes as well? I want to optimize the system for fuel delivery to increase power as opposed for cooling purposes how should I go about this? Does this affect the water/meth ratio I should run? I tried searching but not much info on direct port, Thank you.
Old 22-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The system is capable of sprayiong ~1300cc/min with the standard valve (806-239B). We can supply a 806-239 valve for ~1600cc/min. It appears you need to run 4x 0.8mm jets + a little bit of head room for the 5th injector. Not a problem.

If ypu run twin valve, the system is capable of 2500cc/min. Requires larger hose ID between the tank and pump. 10mm ID will do nicely.

Here is a chart for the jet vs flow:

Old 22-02-2012, 12:18 PM

Default R53

I have a R53 Mini, with BVH Head / pistons etc, waiting to be fitted.
What are the benifits, if any for my car to go the direct port WM injection route ?
Old 22-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

It will depend on your goal, charge air cooloing or extra fueling (octane supplement).

What power are you aiming? The R53 is supercharged, are you running a smaller pulley or a third party super/turbo charger with your new build?