waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 28-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Can I use HFS-2 instead of HFS-3 for my 335i setup ?

Once you have purchased and installed the system, I hope you can provide me with some good logs so that we can integrate our system more closely with cobb.

On eaim is to improve the failsafe capability to a more refined control instead of dropping the boost to wastegate setting. As far as I am aware from Cobb, they are running 19psi without meth so failsafe is not strictly necessary. It would be interested when they have decided to offer the meth map sometime in the future. By then we should have completed the more advanced failsafe stratagy.

Jeff has the capabilities of pre-configure the HFS-3 system for you in advance of delivery.
Old 28-09-2011, 09:46 PM

Richard, no problem providing logs after it's installed.

I received a return email from Jeff this am. He says they will hopefully be finished with the N54 testing by the end of next week. He offered to let me buy a "pre-production unit (without cetain failsafe and special features) then. We will not have manuals written and such, but it is not a difficult install."

Looking forward to getting one of these installed on my E93 335i.
Old 28-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The standard unit comes with "boost cut" failsafe (which you can use if you want) and map switch output (not applicable to the N54). Jeff and I have been working on the N54 specific failsafe for a while.

Here is a link to the user manual to help you understand the system better.
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/HFS3/HFS3v2w1.pdf
Old 28-09-2011, 10:49 PM

The tag-team of Richard and Jeff get an A+ in my book.

Before I knew this I had already made the decision to go with the Aquamist system..... it was just a question of the HFS-2 or the HFS-3.

Q: I plan on using 2 jets for the W/M injection, one 0.4mm plus one 0.7mm to start with for a total flow of about 620cc/min, will I still need a restrictor? If so which one?
Old 29-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Both Jeff and I believe in explaining how the system works first. At the same time acquiring information from the end user so that we can offer the most appropriate system for the application. It works well most of the time especially the user can supply good information.

The difference between H2 and H3 is the failsafe. If you are on the modification path, failsafe offers greater safe tuning potential

When you are calulating the total flow, allow 15-20% extra. It is not a good idea to put a ceiling on the flow because you can always reduce the flow electronically.

For the 335i, two 1mm jet is a norm. If you are running 0.4mm + 0.7mm, use the middle restrictor.