waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 04-06-2004, 08:33 PM

Default AUDI A6 2.7 TWIN TURBO D2 System HELP

WANT TO DO A D2 SYSTEM BUT CANT ADJUST THE A/F RATIO BECAUSE OF THE GIAC CHIP THAT IS INSTALLED. I NEED A 12:1 RATIO BUT CAN NOT DO IT WITH THE CHIP. NEED HELP WITH THE SET-UP. CALL ME OR EMAIL ME AT 1-215-361-0117 EXT 4105 dmano@keystonemotors.com

ps: the chip sets the timimg and the fuel curve, if I adjust the fuel pressure lower to lean out the fuel curve that still leaves me with a timing problem. I can't adjust the timing. I need a custom chip to set all the perameters. Unless someone has a better idea.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

What about reducing the fuel pressure.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:35 AM

Does the chip have static timing or is it allowed to advance in the absence of knock? Or does it at least have aggressive timing if no knock is detected but retards timing if it is? If so, a fuel controller like the Apexi S-AFC should work and let the chip do its dynamic timing.

Being able to hack the chip yourself would of course be handy but I don't know of any Audi hacks that are available to the end user.

Other than that you could go stand-alone on fuel and or timing with something like the megasquirt or more advanced stand-alone.
Old 21-07-2004, 09:07 PM

Default AUDI A6 2.7 TWIN TURBO D2 System

Has anyone done one of these systems yet, if so how did it work out. Was it worth the effort or should I go to bigger IC's
Old 08-09-2004, 02:59 PM

davidmano1,
Take a look at my install on my (modified) Audi S4 2.7T:
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1743767.phtml

You are rightfully concerned about the GIAC chip though. Find someone with a VAG or ECUx and log your Injector On Time to determine your Injector Duty Cycle. From my experiences, GIAC has a terrible duty cycle, which is mostly requested above 100% (!!!). They dump in fuel to try to keep EGTs down, and then ride the knock sensors trying to achieve as much timing as possible. I would seriously get some logs (fuel, Intake Air Temps, etc) of your car (or of other owners with same chip) before seeing how this will help you. It seems like you have stock intercoolers, and you might be better served to upgrade those first to RS4 or AWE.

Good luck,
Mark