PDA

View Full Version : Failsafe activated

M3GTttHulk
11-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Hi,

After relocating my reservoir and pump to the trunk of my car I can't get the system to work when driving.

I purged the pump according to the procedure
I also activated the system using the jumpers and it is spraying

However when driving and hitting boost,, I get the Water level light and then the other light and no injecting. I can see the Bar indicator lighting up before.

Any ideas?

Richard L
11-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Can you use the FDC jumper to confirm the system is seeing fuel duty cycle on the gauge.

M3GTttHulk
12-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Can you use the FDC jumper to confirm the system is seeing fuel duty cycle on the gauge.

Yes, I see both the green light on the unit as well as the S light on the gauge flickering with increased DC (reving the engine) but nothing else.

I have not fooled around with any wiring of the Aquamist, except moving the reservoir and pump to the trunk, but I am seeing a bit more boost now

When I jumpered the BAR I can see 3 bars

Richard L
12-09-2013, 09:50 PM
So far it looks good on the FDC link. The guage is displaying the fuel duty cycle.

Can you tell me how many bars are displayed at WOT? Only 3?

M3GTttHulk
13-09-2013, 06:20 AM
So far it looks good on the FDC link. The guage is displaying the fuel duty cycle.

Can you tell me how many bars are displayed at WOT? Only 3?
All of them at boost, just before the failsafe activates.

Also, the tank is full.

Would a leak in the system promt the failsafe, for exemples if one of the 4mm hoses was not connected? I'm just wondering if I should start tracing the hoses.

Richard L
13-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Good, the system is reading the engine load nicely. Please reinstate the FDC jumper back to the PRK position.

Once the system is set up to display 5-6 bars, a leak will be yield more bars and trip the failsafe.

OK, time to check the system once more for leak and set up the failsafe once more. You must check the spray pattern of the jet first.

M3GTttHulk
13-09-2013, 08:31 AM
I have 3 nozzles in total. My suspicions are that either of the pre-turbo ones are not working properly.

Since the 2 on the turbos are not easilly accessed I will disable them and use only the plenium one.

I will keep you posted.

M3GTttHulk
14-09-2013, 06:31 AM
Yesterday I turned down the gain to see what would happen and i saw the system working a bit longer before the failsafe kicked in. Points to the system flowing too much.. Probably a leak

Richard L
14-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Can you adjust the SC trimmer on the gauge?

This is just a short term fix. You really need to check the jets and locate any leaks and then set the SC.

M3GTttHulk
14-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Disabled the pre turbo jers and used only the plenium one. The system works perfectly. Looks like I have a leak on the pre turbo leg

Richard L
14-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Do you have a checkvalve installed on the pre-turbo jet?

M3GTttHulk
15-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Do you have a checkvalve installed on the pre-turbo jet?

No checkvalves whatsoever

Richard L
15-09-2013, 07:36 AM
you might like to put a checkvalve inline to stop the fluid post FAV draining away due to pressure differentials. Upon activation, you will get a higher flow reading and trip the failsafe.

M3GTttHulk
15-09-2013, 09:33 AM
you might like to put a checkvalve inline to stop the fluid post FAV draining away due to pressure differentials. Upon activation, you will get a higher flow reading and trip the failsafe.

ok, sounds like a good idea. I am wondering if I should do without the pre-turbo jets. Specially now since winter is just around the corner.

Richard L
15-09-2013, 12:01 PM
I think you can leave it for the time being. Perhaps next April.