PDA

View Full Version : FIA 2 - 2 pumps and 2 HSV's

Gelf
15-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Will the FIA 2 in the aquamist 2d kit run 2 pumps and 2 HSV's ?

Thanks

Richard L
15-09-2004, 06:24 PM
It may not be necessary to use two HSVs as one HSV will outflow two 1mm jets.

The twin-pump system may require a surge arrestor to stablised the
"beat frequency" generated by the two pumps running near 50Hz.

The image below shown a simple solution, two pumps feeds into one
5-port manifold and the accumulator will take care of the beat
frequency- the system run extremely quiet and smooth.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum/gallery/s-type/twinpump.jpg

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum/gallery/s-type/twinpump2.jpg

janis
15-09-2004, 08:02 PM
OMG, that's not a waterinjection system, It's art!

Gelf
15-09-2004, 09:29 PM
It may not be necessary to use two HSVs as one HSV will outflow two 1mm jets.

The twin-pump system may require a surge arrestor to stablised the
"beat frequency" generated by the two pump running near 50Hz.

The image below showed a simple solution, two pump feeds into one
5-port manifold and the accumulator will take care fo the beat
frequency- the system run extremely quite and smooth.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum/gallery/s-type/twinpump.jpg

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum/gallery/s-type/twinpump2.jpg

Thanks, i was thinking that two pumps each with its own HSV, could be activated at seperatly at different times, using separate pressure switches. Do i need two FIA 2's or would one do the job ?

Im looking in to injecting pre turbo and at the throttle body.

Richard L
15-09-2004, 09:54 PM
I was trying to save you money.

Yes the FIA2 can just managed to drive two FIA2 but need to keep it in a cool place.

The Fia2 is not too expensive an utem to buy. It is available separately.

Gelf
15-09-2004, 10:02 PM

Yes the FIA2 can just managed to drive two FIA2 but need to keep it in a cool place.

Cheers for that :D I was also concerned how much current two FIA 2's would draw from the fuel injection loom ?

Slump
15-09-2004, 10:11 PM
Richard -

What's the "jar" for?

I keep seeing all this amazing looking stuff that I had no idea existed.

I'm getting all excited to redesign my injection system and mount it all to a sexy bracket, etc.

Richard L
15-09-2004, 10:16 PM

Cheers for that :D I was also concerned how much current two FIA 2's would draw from the fuel injection loom ?

The FIA's detection wire (green) will only draw about 1mA from the pulsed wire. You can connect the Red wire to a switched +12V source so that it wouldn't need to draw any power from the injector's positive feed wire. (only possible for non "Peak and Hold") circuit.

Richard L
15-09-2004, 10:37 PM
Richard -

What's the "jar" for?

I keep seeing all this amazing looking stuff that I had no idea existed.

I'm getting all excited to redesign my injection system and mount it all to a sexy bracket, etc.

The jar is to store some temporary water (about 100cc) in the event of the main tank is low and subject to water surge.

There are three ports in the bottom, one in and two out (for the two pumps). On the top, there is a port to allow air to vent back to the main tank. For this system to work, the main water tank has to be at a higher level than the jar.

see picture below:

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum/gallery/s-type/tank.jpg

The car is one of our development prototype system for a tuning company, we will try everything to avoid the tank running empty or allow the system to stall when air is trapped in the system. You will see there is a high-ish water level sensor on the side of the tank, once the water get below that point, it stops the entire system working and a little dash warning led lights up - time to refill!

Gelf
15-09-2004, 11:59 PM

The FIA's detection wire (green) will only draw about 1mA from the pulsed wire. You can connect the Red wire to a switched +12V source so that it wouldn't need to draw any power from the injector's positive feed wire. (only possible for non "Peak and Hold") circuit.

Cheers

Ive yet to investigate whether i have peak and hold injectors, its a vauxhall Astra G if anyones in the know ?

Richard L
16-09-2004, 12:21 AM
all you nned to do is to measure the injector coil resistance, all injection over 12ohm are non-"Peak n Hold" and "Peak n Hold" injectors are normally below 2.5ohm.

Gelf
16-09-2004, 12:29 AM
I'll do that

cheers